The CLUEDUP intends to provide the community with a scalable pedagogic framework to support embedding Escape Room-style. Learning Suites will be constructed for three differ scenarios representing topics relevant to the pandemic. CLUEDUP will provide a training programme for faculty staff in the design and implementation of these resources, which will then be delivered as an online Massive Open Online Course (MOOC).
- Conduct a needs analysis to inform the adaptation of collaborative learning such as TBL (team-based learning) / PBL (problem-based learning) to an online delivery, supported by Escape Room methodology
- Design and implement learner-centered scenarios (CLA – Combined Learning Activity)
- Provide training programme to faculty staff in the design, implementation and facilitation of CLA
- Provide evidence to support the effectiveness of delivering CLA as individual learning suites
- Disseminate project results through the website, MOOC, virtual conferences, online webinars, and where feasible, face-to-face multiplier event
- For teachers it raises their awareness of the value of interactive scenario-based learning.
- For students it increases game-based engagement and provides online training that mimics more closely professional practice, and reduces the disengagement of passive online learning.
- For Policy makers it offers improved adaptation of courses to the challenges of pandemic.